One of my many reasons for creating this blog was to educate my readers with the simple and practical tips i provide and i just love being able to help with your DIY home improvement projects. I may not put up posts very frequently but i am here to stay as long as the vision to make the world more beautiful one room at a time is still alive. So today, here is my little nuggets of wisdom (from me to you with love) as you plan your makeover or remodel:
1. Work with a budget: This is not a time to let your pocket leak….Be honest and realistic about your finances from the get-go and determine how much you are willing to invest in the makeover but bear in mind that you cannot achieve that dream home with a budget too small or unrealistic
2. You do not need to buy all things: Don’t spend all that money buying everything, look around your house, you’d be amazed at the dozens of pieces you will come across for a re-use, re-paint or recycle. Yes! you are allowed to be thrifty here so you buy stuffs you will end up not using and later worry about clutters
3. No compromise on quality: Did i hear you say ‘i will get it cheaper down the road” (you are on your way to be one-chanced Lol) Keep your eye on quality, it will last a decade! Your renovation, makeover or whatever you choose to call it, is an investment although you will certainly be looking at the pennies. And that takes me to the next point…..
4. Do not live in the now, think about the future: Thinking that ‘cheap’ item you got down the road will serve you a long time? think again! Also, if your family is still growing, this is the time to plan your space; create extra rooms, storage, etc. You may not have the luxury when the time comes
5. There is nothing like the word ‘vogue’ Its your style, create it! bring it on! Now you have the creative freedom to transform your home. It’s much easier to have a picture of what you intend to achieve and the ability to put everything together
6. Consider inmates: When i say inmates, I’m not referring to those confined in prison o! Consider the people living with you; their preferences and opinion should be represented and you should work around your makeover to accommodate everyone. This is not very easy especially when you have a spouse or children with varying taste or style
7. Consider stuffs: Stuffs are those things that occupy space in your home like your furniture and home appliances. The size of sofa, height of kitchen cabinet, number and size of appliances should also be considered during a makeover
8. Call a Pro: In the event that what you intend to achieve becomes an uphill task and you are unable to complete it on your own, its time to call a Pro; a decorator, a painter or contractor. If you are confused about what interior decorators do, click here
I hope you found these nuggets of wisdom useful? Share yours if you got any….