We’re officially at the end of 2016.
I recount entering the New Year with so much loathing and doubt. Within the first quarter of the year, I was still unsure of what and how the year will pan out. A greater part of me wanted to hold on to past mistakes and failures. I found out that I couldn’t get myself to blog, I struggled to keep at my 9 – 5 job, the business side lacked focus and was almost at a meltdown, gradually and slowly, I was drifting into an unhealthy state.
What stood out for me, aside my family, was the gift of friends. This post will be meaningless if I do not acknowledge the awesome friends that believed in me and encouraged me. I owe it all to you guys. Note this, I no longer call you friends but family.
In the midst of all the chaos, God still proved Himself dependable. He calmed every storm and wrapped my head in His perfect peace. I was daily encouraged by this scripture:
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end – Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV)
Clearly, I was convinced that whatever I was going through wasn’t my expected end but a passing phase.
So I encouraged myself, with a renewed hope and trust. One will say I was optimistic but hell NO, that would warrant to distortion of reality. It wasn’t optimism rather resilience. I understood the reality of the situation on ground and I came to accept it for what it was and resolved to make life meaningful out of the very mess I found myself. There’s a big difference between Resilience and Optimism.
Sometime in February, I began writing down some personal and professional goals that included:
- Revamping (that includes the blog)
- Structuring (that includes registering my business with the Corporate Affairs Commission)
- Commencing (the foundation’s flagship project)
- Growing (that includes my Net Worth)
- Writing (yea my first book is on the way)
- And lots more
I committed my many ambitions, creative ideas, noble desires to God and started working towards becoming the woman He created me to be; an inspiration to my generation. A trip down memory lane, I am indeed grateful to God for my mustard seed faith, baby steps and fearful leaps. Humbly, I was able to record these milestones:
- In March, HomeWorth Interiors Concept Limited was officially registered as a corporate legal entity.
- I moved the blog from Blogger to WordPress in April and introduced some other interests of mine.
- I started and completed my first decor project for the year in May alongside others that followed.
- June saw the Energizing Lives Foundation partnering with Heritage Home Orphanage to decorate the living room of the orphanage home as our flagship project. You can check our Facebook page for more updates.
- July was no other than my birth month. I headed to Dubai where I celebrated my birthday and embellished my Curricular Vitae with an MBA certification from Metropolitan School of Business, United Kingdom. I blogged about it here, here and here.
- In August, I was interviewed and featured as a Woman2Watch on The Pink Network, an initiative powered by Keystone Bank Ltd, to facilitate Communication, Networking and Entrepreneurship skills particularly among women. Read the interview here
- September marked my two (2) years of blogging plus the launch of Crown Musings Blog. I blogged about it here
- I joined She Leads Africa and attended #SheHiveLagos in October. A networking and learning boot-camp for women looking to break through, live their purpose and get real results in their businesses and careers. I blogged about it here.
- I was able to grow the blog and it’s audience significantly. Excitedly, the blog started generating income through advertorials in October. We had our first sponsored post here
- HomeWorth Cleaners was launched in October, as a subsidiary of HomeWorth Interiors Concept Limited. I am excited to announce our corporate cleaning retainerships with….. wait for it.
- In November, I signed up 2 contributors to the blog. You can find their first articles here and here
- December had us doing our first giveaway since July 2015 and a winner emerged. Read it here
- Also in December, Energizing Lives Foundation (ELF) partnered with Living Fountain Orphanage for another Community Development Project towards sponsoring an orphan’s education. If you wish to support this vision and also be a partner, kindly contact us. I blogged about it here
- Overall, we published 50 articles in the year.
These are the very best of our 2016. I am indeed grateful to God for His faithfulness and more…
With 2017 just kicking in, we’ve got you at the center of our blogging goals. We want to make 2017 more engaging, exciting, revealing and downright transforming for our community.
- We want to become an Award Winning Personal Development and Self Improvement Blog.
- We will be introducing a Question & Answer (“Q & A“) forum where you can ask all your pressing questions that bothers on Spirituality, Health, Wealth and Relationship.
- We will sign up more contributors to handle specific categories on the blog.
- We will be introducing monthly giveaways with exciting and creative scenarios to bond and appreciate our readers.
- We will be introducing “Reader’s Profile“, where each of our readers will create and manage a personalised profile or account. We want to be able to celebrate our reader’s special moments like Birthdays, Anniversaries and possibly share those moments here on the blog.
- We will be interviewing entrepreneurs and professionals both established and upcoming, to share their #preneurstories or #brandstories on our “Share Your Preneur Story” segment to inspire others.
- There will be lots of real life and engaging moments with our community.
- And a whole lot more…
I am sure there may be things we should have said, shared or talked about but we couldn’t and vice versa. We need your honest feedback on what you’d like to learn or need help with in the coming year(s) that will improve the quality of our delivery and our blog community. No idea is too small or too big. Please share in the comment space.
2016 wouldn’t have been a successful and impactful year without YOU. We made mistakes and we learnt too. I am very certain that, with the right perspective, a great team like you and a focused vision, we will embrace new opportunities, build new relationships, conquer new grounds and make 2017 a super, bumper year. Cheers to a very fulfilling New Year and lots of LOVE.
Crown Musings | Become The Best Version of YOU